Designing a logo may sound an easy task, but a good design or graphic work may require much more than just a solid visual appeal. After all, many brands and multinational companies spend millions on developing their brand image that can leave a permanent mark on the mind of their clients and potential customers. Good logo designs are those that convey a strong message and tell about the nature/attitude of the company or organization. Therefore, creating a logo is not just about working on a graphical design but also telling the audience about the personality of the brand or organization.
Many online websites offer logo template design solutions for individuals and companies looking for logo designs and that too at very affordable prices. Visitors can select the appropriate category for which they are looking into logo designs and buy the templates of their preference. There are some websites that also offer customized logo design templates with the help of which the customer can make their own logos online. One of the biggest advantages of the customized logo design is that the customer can select his/ her own color palette, decide his/ her own graphic, font, text style and edit as per own requirement. For those who might be looking for the customized logo designing, here is a list of six important rules that should be kept in mind while designing:
- Always choose colors that reflect the nature and personality of your business or organization. The prominent color scheme of your company/ business logo leaves a great impression on the minds of your clients and potential customers. Therefore, right color selection is a must.
- Choose the font and text style that suits your business. This can be explained by an example. If you are running a business of manufacturing of kids toys, then your company logo can be made using fancy text fonts and bright, vibrant colors because the nature of your business caters to the potential customer base of kids and not elderly people. Since kids are of jovial and naughty nature, the fonts and colors depicting the same can be used so as to attract more audience of the targeted category. Your company’s logo made on the same lines that can leave a lasting impression on the audience.
- Prefer not to add too long text punch-lines with your designed logo. The punch lines should be short and reflect the message. Try using catchy words to attract the attention of the viewer.
- Use graphical clipart or images related to your business or organization that can clearly indicate the nature of the same. Always use vector images instead of raster images because vector graphics do not get pixilated on increasing or decreasing the size.
- Try not to overdo things. Keep the design of the logo simple and recognizable. Don’t use too many colors or graphical elements as it will make the logo more complicated.
- Keep the logo proportions within a considerable limit. Making too long or too wide logos do not indicate a professional touch and looks monotonous at times.